Most women have loosen and fallen abdomen are dissatisfied about their appearance and want to remove their problems. Abdomen cosmetic surgery or abdominoplasty, is a procedure that helps the women.
This article aims to consider the abdomen anatomy, abdominoplasty surgery, after and before take cares and complications.
The abdomen is placed between the chest and pelvis. Due to several pregnancy, overweighting or weight loss, the abdomen becomes loose. By performing abdominoplasty, loose and fallen abdomen turns back to its primary form. Abdominoplasty, is one of the most important constructive surgery which is done to makes your abdomen thin and firm without any striae.
This surgery involves changes in:
- Excessive skin
- Excessive fat
- Loosen abdominal muscles
All the above factors affect directly on the appearance of abdomen.
Abdominoplasty aims to improve:
- Skin: excessive skin doesn’t remove by doing exercise. The excessive skin doesn’t have flexibility, so doesn’t have the reaction to the activities and exercises. Abdominoplasty is done to remove the excessive skin of abdomen, and makes the abdomen more firm with less striae.
- Fatty mass: with removing the excessive skin, excessive fat is also removed. In some cases, liposuction is done to make the abdomen, thin.
- Muscles: abdominal muscles which be loosen by pregnancy, overweighting or weight loss, can be lifted. Doing exercise can strengthen the abdominal muscles. During the abdominoplasty, loosen muscles can turn back to their primary form.
Suitable candidates are those who have:
- Problems in these variables:
- Excessive skin or loosen skin, which can be along with fat.
- Having striae in their abdomen
- Having loosen muscles in abdomen
- Weight loss: the patients who have severe weight loss, are the best candidates.
Removing excessive skin and make it firm, is the best way for this group.
The best age to perform the surgery
This surgery has no age limitation. But, pregnant women are the most which want to have their previous form. The patients should be healthy and should stop smoking 2 weeks before the surgery.
- Abdominoplasty, is not the surgery of weight loss
- Pregnancy after the surgery, doesn’t have bad effect on the childbirth, but it should be noticed that the pregnancy, may lead some changes in appearance of abdomen.
- Smoking and abdominoplasty: smoking affects on the convalescence procedure and scars improvement. It’s better for patients to stop smoking, 5 days before the surgery.
- Using darren after the surgery. 2 darren tubes are needed to extract the scars leakages. These tubes should remain 1 week.
- Surgical incisions: in all surgeries, the scars will be remained. The main scar is placed under the pelvic bone. Second incision, is placed around the navel. This scar combines with the skin and will be hidden.
Dr. Nadaf will inform you about all related choices of abdominoplasty incisions.
Before the surgery
- Taking a bath before performing the surgery
- Your stomach should be empty, so it’s better not to drink 2 hours before the surgery.
- Not using the red fruits which may lead bleeding or coagulation problems.
- Stop using aspirin.
- If someone is using vitamin E or iron tablets, should inform the doctor.
- Men should shave their abdomen.
After the surgery
- Convalescence should spend at home.
- At first days, the patient feels stretching and has problems in standing. So, the doctor recommends that they bend their back. This problem removes one week later.
- The patient should avoid doing heavy exercises.
- The patient has pain, this pain is such as the pain of doing heavy exercises.
- Having slight bruise is normal.
- The patient can take a bath 24 hours after the surgery.
Dr. Nadafkermani, prescribes sedatives to control the pain.
Abdominoplasty or abdomen cosmetic surgery, results in having beautiful body and removal all fatty masses in abdomen, and makes the abdomen more thin and firm.
The first visit with Dr. Nadaf is 1 week after the performing abdominoplasty to emit the derens. Dr. Nadaf, removes the navel sutures and considers the improvement, 2 weeks later. Next visits are done 6 weeks, 6 months and 1 year after the performing surgery.
If having increasing swelling, pain, smelly leakage, narcosis or weakness, contact with doctor:
Contact Dr. Majid Nadafkermani:
Phone number: 22134934- 22134997