Nose surgery means nose forming by adding or removing nose or cartilage. People perform Nose surgery to remove their breathing problems such as deformation or to beauty their appearance.
This article aims to provide the techniques of nose surgery, before and after cares.
The visible part of the human nose is the protruding part of the face that bears the nostrils. The shape of the nose is determined by the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages, including the septal cartilage (which separates the nostrils) and the upper and lower lateral cartilages. On average the nose of a male is larger than that of a female.
The nose is responsible for smelling. Another function of the nose is conditioning of inhaled air, warming it and making it more humid.
Performing nose surgery is becoming more popular in Iran. Cosmetic nose surgery is done to improve the nasal appearance. This surgery is one of the eldest and hardest procedure in plastic surgery.
Nose surgery procedure
Nose surgery, is a procedure which changes the function and shape of the nose, these changes involved forming the cartilage and bone to reach a desirable form.
When your nose has problem, nose surgery is done to remove the problems. As following:
- A hump on the nose: to smooth the nose
- A round and wide tip: to thin and narrow the tip
- A wide nose: to thin the nasal bone
- A prominent nose: to small the nose
- A fallen nose: to lift the nose
- A break nose: to smooth the nose
There are 2 types of procedure to perform nose surgery:
Open nose surgery:
In this procedure, surgeons create incisions across the columella.
Advantage: all parts of the nose can be seen in this procedure.
Disadvantage: having more swelling after performing surgery by this procedure.
Performing open nose surgery, is preferred in renewed surgery, having considerable nasal asymmetry, abnormal anatomy and needs accurate changes.
Closed nose surgery:
In this procedure, surgeons create incisions inside the nose.
Advantage: having less incisions and swelling.
Disadvantage: low accuracy is needed.
Performing closed nose surgery, is preferred in performing primary surgery
To perform the surgery
- The growth of patients should be completed.
- Stop smoking 2 weeks before the surgery
- The patients should be healthy.
- The patients should have reasonable expectations about the result and their appearance.
Before the surgery
- You should report all information, such as performing previous surgery, nasal damages and then. These factors affect on the procedure.
- Try to list the changes you want.
Here, Dr. Nadafkermani, consults you about the needed changes on your nose. It should be considered that, the nasal photography can somewhat show your nose after the surgery (show the result).
Dr. Nadafkermani recommends the chin prosthesis for face by analyzing the face.
After the surgery
- You should rest at home.
- Doing light activities such as watching TV or studying.
- It’s natural to breath with your mouth, for the first week.
- If having pain, use the prescript drugs.
- You have bruise around your eyes for 1-2 week.
- You can back your work 7-10 days after the surgery.
- Tampon is removed 2 days after the surgery.
- You should avoid doing heavy exercise such as football and basketball, 4-6 weeks after the surgery.
It should be noted that, the patients should wait about their result of the surgery. At first, the nose has swelling, and it’s natural that the swelling becomes less after 6-8 weeks. After reducing the swelling, the nose becomes thinner and smaller and desirable results can be seen.
Contact Dr. Majid Nadafkermani:
Phone number: 22134934- 22134997